Updating is in progress
The Webster Bible (World English Bible (WEB) was translated by Noah Webster in 1833 in order to bring the language of the bible up to date. This version of the Bible is the most recent version in the public domain. The only other version in the public domain is the (Authorized) King James Version.
Basis for Common Beliefs
The goal is that the true Body of Christ would cooperate with other men in Christian Fellowship, for the purpose of building up every man within the Body of Christ.
The mission is to facilitate, encourage, and promote fidelity of men to the principles and practices of New Testament Christianity.
How to Study the Bible
The Bible is true in every respect. It is inerrant, written by forty different authors as inspired by the Holy Spirit. There are three important disciplines to get get an accurate comprehensive of the Bible that I use.
- Read the entire Bible through every five years
- Read every verse in the Bible within the surrounding context before and after.
- Cross-reference every verse with other verses in the Bible on the same context.
Using parallel Bible translations can add understanding. Study Bibles come with commentary. They are helpful for understanding – but are not inspired scripture. Stay away from paraphrases, may be useful for understanding, but only if the “interpretation” is cross checked.
wayocross defines the true men of Christ who commit to:
- Who have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Who believe they will go to heaven because they have confessed their sins and have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal savior.
- Who believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died on a cross as a perfect sacrifice for our sins so we could be reconciled back to the Father, was buried, was raised from the dead, ascended into heaven, and will return again.
- Who are making every effort to turn from their sinful ways.
Beliefs from the Bible:
- The Bible is the authoritative, inerrant Word of God:
- 16All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17 WEB)
- For verily I say to you, Till heaven and earth shall pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (Matthew 5:18 WEB)
- The Blood of Christ paid for all sins past, present, and future:
- “And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” 1 John 2:2 KJV
- “…to feed the church of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood.” Acts 20:28b KJV
- Salvation comes through faith that confesses Christ as Lord – alone:
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Rom 10:9-10 KJV
- “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man boast.” Eph 2:8-9 KJV
- “Jesus saith unto him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6 KJV
- Jesus is Christ the Lord:
- “And Simon Peter answered and said, ‘Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.’ And Jesus answered and said unto him, ‘Blessed art thou Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and Blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.” Matt 16:16-17 KJV
- “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God hath made that same Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” Acts 2:36 KJV
- Christ came to the earth and was born, died, resurrected, and ascended physically:
- “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” 1 Tim 3:16 KJV
- “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures. 1 Cor 15:3-4 KJV
- “And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulcher. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.” Luke 24:2-3 KJV
- There is only one God:
- “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.” Deut 6:4 KJV
- “One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” Eph 4:5-6 KJV
- “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” 1 Tim 2:5 KJV
- The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost are one:
- “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” 1 John 5:7 KJV
- “Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.” 1 Cor 12:4-6 KJV
- (James 2:14-18) are
- Communications: Col. 3:16, Col. 4:6, Eph. 4:29
- Discipleship: Matt. 28:18-20
- Evangelism: 2 Tim. 4:5, Luke 19:10
- Fellowship: Acts 2:42, 1 John 1:3
- Prayer: 1 Thess. 5:17
- Partnerships: 2 Cor. 6:14-18
- Reconciliation: Col. 1:21-23, 2 Cor. 5:18-19
- Sound Doctrine: 1 Tim. 4:6, 11-16
- Transformation Of The Miami Valley To Reflect The Presence Of God: Rom 12:1-2; Eph. 4:23
- Unity: Rom. 15:5-7; John 17:21-23
- Worship: Rom. 12:2; John 4:21-23
The Mission of Believers:
- Love God and love your neighbor:
- “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all of thy heart, and with all of thy soul, and with all of thy mind. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thy self.” Matt 22:37b,39b KJV
- Be an ambassador of reconciliation for Christ:
- “Now then we are ambassadors for Christ as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.” 2 Cor 5:20 KJV
- Make disciples:
- “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world” Matt 28:19-20 KJV
- Growing in oneness with other believers:
- “I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me.” John 7:23 KJV
- “But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the Head, even Christ.” Eph 4:15 KJV